Thursday, March 27, 2008

Arriving in Thessaloniki

Greetings in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I am in one of the most famous Bible cities - Thessaloniki in Greece. This incredible place has centuries of rich Christian history and every part of it has a story to tell. Apostle Paul was walking also on these streets and preached the Gospel of Jesus.


Today this is the second largest city of Greece famous with it’s culture, museums, universities and industry. Everywhere the metropolitan city is crowded with young people walking or just sitting in the thousands coffee shops. Because of it's industrial structure and universities people from all of the Balkan countries and all over the World have moved to live here. Sadly - most of these people are ether nominal Christians, Muslims or atheists. There is not even one Church of God or there are not many other Pentecostal churches either. With this mission we are planning to start church and lift up the name of Jesus high in the society and bring many to Him. It will not be an easy task but it is "not by might and not by power but by my Spirit says the Lord".


I am still in process of finding an apartment to rent. It is not an easy task considering the prices and location. Please pray with me for an easy transition and settling. What is even more important; please pray for all these people in Thessaloniki. They need the Lord and only through Him they can find eternal life.

Thank you for being with me in the Spirit!

2 comments:

Matt said...

I hope that you find lodging right away! Being homeless in a faraway place... must be a strange feeling! I assume that you've moved there for your mission from somewhere else... this is the only entry I've read!

Take care and Happy Easter!

Danielle said...

So you've finally arrived!! Hallelujah!! I was wondering! I hope you had a blessed birthday and that God provides housing very soon!! Praying for you!
Love ya big bro!
D